Our unique Environment Booms are ideal for permanent debris and pollution control at vulnerable sites where a constant risk exists.
Industrial sites, nature reserves, harbours or marinas, pumping stations, water treatment works, screens, grills, dam spillways etc.
The Bolina Environment Boom is a protected design that evolved for a customer who was frustrated by the shortcomings of existing boom configurations (spilling debris, damaged floats, splitting curtains, jamming compensators, lengthy repairs etc).
Our environment booms are now the toughest of their type with a standard 26 ton material break load.
All the floats are protected behind the curtain for easy clean-up, and for laminar flow that deflects the debris towards a collection point. The whole assembly is connected by shear-bolts to avoid costly repairs, and self-aligning tidal compensators accommodate different water levels without jamming.
Find your solution:
Permanent Debris Booms
Debris booms are permanently installed for the containment and recovery of floating trash with a unique flush-sided design.
Log Screen Booms
Bolina Log Screen Booms provide critical protection to some of the world’s major hydro dams with a unique self-aligning compensator design.
Modular Debris Booms
Our Modular Debris Booms offer protection for temporary works such as clearing drainage channels and mowing grass banks.
Litter Fence Booms
Used where wetland habitats need protection from both water-born debris, and wind blown rubbish with replaceable Netlon fence panels.
Permanent Pollution Booms
Our Pollution Booms provide constant protection for environmentally sensitive sites or plant providing total peace of mind.
Ecobarrier Silt Curtains
Ecobarrier Silt Curtains are designed to contain the fine particles of silt that are discharged into the water from dredging, construction or reclamation activities.
Bolina Booms has a wide range of project experience
- London 2012 Olympic Games – all eight booms protecting the Olympic sites
- U.S. Military – Counter Terrorist Booms used to provide waterside security overseas
- Dutch Waterways – Safety Booms protecting all the weirs along the River Maas
- French Waterways – Safety Booms to stop 5000 ton barges
- Environment Agency - 3 year program of Safety Booms for the River Thames (current contract)
- Cardiff Harbour Authority - 500m Litter Fence Boom to protect a nature reserve
- London City Airport - 250m Airport Security Boom
- British Waterways - Safety Booms for guarding weirs throughout England
- BAE Systems - 100m latching boom to close dock entrance