Permanent Debris Booms
Debris booms are permanently installed for the containment and recovery of floating trash.
Our debris booms (trash booms) have a unique flush face for laminar deflection of barrels, logs, trees, reeds, duckweed etc. into a collection area, where the material can be easily extracted for recycling.
Work boats can also rub along the face of the debris boom scooping up material - this avoids having to slowly 'nibble' at the debris and risk damaging the floats as with conventional debris booms.
Permanent Debris Boom Installations
- Unique flush-sided design deflects debris & protects floats from boat operations
- Used to permanently protect environmentally sensitive areas
- Adjustable freeboard helps pollution containment
- Unique 'kite' floats with integral ballast weights keep boom upright to prevent under-running in strong currents
- End assemblies follow changes in water level automatically
- New tooling for float mouldings (low profile colours available)
- Polyethylene floats are rotation moulded to Montreal Protocol standards
- Proven long-term UV stability
- Floats foamed with Lloyds Registered marine grade material (except for Environment Booms)
- All components made to ISO 9001 standards
- Steel components hot dip galvanised to ISO 1461
- Certified welding quality
- 30 years experience in flotation
- Past experience in mouldings for MOD, RNLI, ABP, EA, HIE, BW
- Thorough design and execution of boom projects
- 8mm reinforced curtain for permanent deployment with 26 ton break load
- Shear bolt system to protect the curtain from damage
- Simple instructions and stainless steel fastenings
- Easy disconnection for access
- Maintenance reduced to occasional inspections
- Optional litter fence for increased freeboard
- Optional colours and lettering for floats
Deploying debris booms with the above features reduces debris and waste management costs, while enhancing the environment.